This is a new online system to manage the applications for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs. Following economic immigration programs are managed under express entry:
- Federal skilled worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience class (CEC)
How does express entry work?
Express entry will be the first step to apply under above mentioned programs.
- Applicant needs to create an online profile. There will be NO cap on number of applicants who can create profile / enter the pool for express entry.
- Anyone who gets accepted in the pool may get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR from CIC.
- Only the top ranking applicants will get the ITA irrespective of when they created the profile.
- Applicant will then have 60 days to apply for PR online.
Things to note:
- Candidates are ranked as per Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) under express entry.
- There are total of 1200 points available under CRS
- Express entry profile will be valid for 1 year only. If one year has passed and applicant has not received the ITA then they will have to create a new profile
- Processing time (as per CIC) for PR application will be 6 months or less
- Successful creation of express entry profile does not guarantee the invitation to apply (ITA) from CIC
- A profile can be updated with new information at any time to improve the CRS ranking
1200 points are distributed under following categories:
- Core / Human Capital Factors:
- Level of education
- Language proficiency
- Canadian Experience
- Spouse/ Common- Law partner, if applicable
- Skills transferability factors
- PNP nomination or offer of qualifying arranged employment
We at West Port Immigration Inc, can help you to create express entry profile, improve CRS score and/or help you to file for PR after you receive ITA.
Contact us see if you qualify for Express entry.